Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nadji and I...heading to the KISS concert in Lake Tahoe. Oh my god, I can't believe I have lived this full of a life without ever seeing KISS. I was never much a KISS Army kindof gal, but 'Strutter' happens to be on my life soundtrack. Oh, and Love Gun.

Nadji and I were having a very serious conversation. Not about McCain or Obama, Pakistan or Afghanistan, or the impacts of globalization on the LDCs. We were concerned, that day, with WHAT TO WEAR, as a couple 30-somethings should. When she dropped it on me: We're painting our faces for the concert.

What?!?!

It took very little nudging, actually. I think I heard myself say, "that's a great idea" before actually considering whether it was or not. We made a plan. I'd get Detroit Rock City as my next home-delivered DVD and go over to her house to practice painting stars or kitties.

Here it is. My girly-version of 'the Starchild.' And yes, the concert turned out to be one of the best productions, ever. Say what you want about the arrogant assholes...they're worth it.





No comments: