Saturday, December 1, 2007

A Simple Raving About Tube Socks

Dec 1, 2007. First winter snow in Carson City. Thank god my mom, being quite the mom, bought me a package of tube socks. Wow. I haven't yanked a sweet pair of striped whities up since I played catcher on a softball team in the Bobby Sox Girls' Softball League in Las Vegas in 1983 (yes, that made me 11, for those of you attempting math right now). Our team colors were white and baby blue, which accentuated my developing nipples in a most insulting sort of way. My boobs still haven't quite developed, but boy, my nipples did! And as far as the lovely knee-high tube socks are concerned, I'm sure the last thing a girl approaching puberty should do is wear tube socks. Oh and that Dorothy Hamill haircut, I guess the socks were the least of my concerns.

Back to today. I think I'll go sit in a quaint little cafe, a few blocks from my house, and quietly watch the snow. Perfect time to pull up some "over-the-calf tube with longer lasting double toe." These should definitely keep my legs/ankles/feet/toes warm! I mean, if the beautifully warm-looking chocolatey brown man on the package is any indication. I might be warm already!

I think 'tube socks' is now my 3rd favorite word (or word combo). Third, because it still doesn't top 'cumulonimbus' or 'maxi-pad.'

No comments: