Monday, May 26, 2008

Father's Day

It's been a strange weekend. Lots of rain and my aunt died Friday, this makes the third relative since August to die. So yes, another funeral.

I was out and about, and the displays of 'Father's Day' gifts and cards got the best of me. I had a moment, in that bright box-store, right there in the aisle next to the cards. For the first time, I have no one to give a father's day card, or phone call, to. The last time I spoke to my father was 2 years ago, Father's day.

But we've got nothing, him and I.

Grandfathers? Lost both of them within 6 months. Dead. That was a real hard-hitter. Father's Day, what a crock! I'll be heading to Northern California tomorrow. I'll see my uncle, the one who just lost his wife to cancer and his father to a ranch accident, who may need to be carried out of the bar...

No comments: