Monday, March 3, 2008

How many ways can you say "single?"

I have managed to become screamin' single. Yes, that's different from my prior state of singleness. See, here's what happened...

I had the most beautiful, perfect bed. It was firm, big, and I rolled myself all over it. There was wrought iron head and footboards that were perfect for the occasional tie-up. Or tie-down, whatever. The pillows were billowy and I wanted to always stay there - forever and ever - until one day...

I moved back in with my mom so I could go back to school. We have become more like roommates rather than a 30-something living with her parents. The problem is the space I get to live in is quite small. The den is stacked with my crap and my bedroom is a bit on the tiny side. So I made the decision to get rid of my bed and get a gasp! smaller one. Mom's bed is far too old so I said she could have mine (I feel a tear cracking out right now), it's better for her back.

I moved her bed out of her room, and then moved mine in. Mine is so dense and heavy, I needed her help. However, I forgot my little bag of, ahem, tricks were under the bed. Once the boxspring was up a huge "uh-oh!" crashed out silently. I tried to nonchalantly pick up the bag, pretending it was nothing, really. But, oh me, I picked up the wrong end! But I was saved from the embarrassment of my mother seeing my pink glittery dildo because it is contained within a medicine bag, which is inside a shoe box, which is inside the bag. The shoe box fell out but I was able to pounce on it and keep the lid on. "Ha-ha!" I yelled, to myself, in my head, because I made quite the save. As I shoved it in the closet, still as calm as can be, I noticed a square purple thing on the floor where the bag had just been. A condom. An unused condom snuggly contained in loud, purple packaging. Fuck. So I tried to hide it by stepping on it. So sure she had not seen it, and shuffled it away, ninja-style. I think I am cooler than I really am. How could she not notice all that nonsense? Me: not cool, dumb-ass.

Now I am in a bed that fits ONE. Hi single. I used to flop about in my other one, and now I rest like I'm in a coffin. I had to push it against the wall so I had only one side to fall out of. But now I bang my arm on the wall. Dear god. My first night in my bed-for-one, something on the floor caught my eye: A clear, plastic travel-size of lube. Please, please make it STOP!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

when i lived in seattle i had my interns (im bad) move my furniture for school credit...anyways these two very sweet young men were moving my vanity when the door on it flung open and my big purple vibrating dong flew out and caught about 15 feet of air flying across the road where it landed near the sidewalk of seattle community college in capitol hill...poor guy runs over too it like hes gonna pick it up he has no idea what he was on his way towards...luckily i screamed I GOT IT, NO WORRIES and put that thing in my purse...

oh, yes...
nadji

Nikki said...

Oh nadji - f-ing hilarious!!! tears are streaming...How I love random dong stories. Too bad we can't use them in those cheeseball, pc icebreakers where they ask you to share an embarrassing moment.

meg(aphone) said...

Not to self: Don't let mom help me move...Might find naughty toys.