Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Fur Locker

I have these really screwed up dreams. Although there was more to it, I'll share a bit of the dream I woke from this morning:

I was a waitress and a man came in to the bar/restaurant with a black dog and sat down. I asked for his order and he replied "a ferlacher." (I'm guessing on the spelling, it could have been "fur locker") So I went to the bartender (which is another wacky story) and asked her if she knew how to make a ferlacher. She said she did and told me to ask him how he liked the fruit in it. Okay. I went back to him, asked him how he liked it, and he said, "lots of grapes and no anchovies."

For kicks, I googled ferlacher today. Apparently, there is a Ferlacher horn in Austria.

Anybody?

2 comments:

San Francisco Writers' College said...

i had a dream i was fighting this lady warrior a couple of years ago and her name was Statija. i remembered the spelling and looked it up and it turned out to be a metro stop in serbia or something.

i named my publishing company statija for the anthology that cherry bleeds put out, but everybody hated the name, so we switched back to cherry bleeds.

how in the hell would i ever know of a metro stop in the former yugoslavia?

Anonymous said...

i think your secretly having a football dream, there is all that hype for the superbowl, then we have a vrey famous player named URLACHER, so then you go to the bar to order something and they say anchovies and that makes me think sports bar pizza and football, i think youve been subcontiously poisenedby the nfl that nadji ferlacher league :)